Thursday, January 22, 2009

BP-MS150 Houston to Austin

Last April a couple of my fraternity brothers rode their bikes in the BP-MS150. Almost immediately after they finished they called me and asked if I would ride with them in the 2009 edition. So, registration opened in January and promptly filled to capacity (13,000 riders) in 12 hours. I was one of the lucky ones and was registered. I am really excited to be able to spend time with my buddies because we live across the country from each other. I have to admit that I don't know much about MS, although since registering I have learned a bit about it. For some reason MS is a lot more prevalent in the Rocky Mountain region (where I live) and I have several friends that are affected by this terrible disease. All of my friends are able to somewhat control the effects of their MS, but none-the-less their lives are affected.


The ride, it's a two day ride from Houston to Austin with 13,000 friends. There are options along the ride that can increase or decrease you total trip mileage. I have been told that riding though the stare park in La Grange is really run. This is the route we intend to take. Although, my back-side will be sore at the end of 2 days and 180 miles, it's a GREAT cause with GREAT people.


If you would like to make a donation, please click the following link:

Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/TXHBikeEvents?px=5894374&pg=personal&fr_id=10222&s_tafId=108239

No comments:

Post a Comment