Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2009 Race Season

Well, it's getting to be that time of year, even though there is still almost 3 feet of snow on the ground. I have started to give a little thought of where/when I am going to race this year and here is what I have so far:

  1. BP MS150 – a 2 day charity ride from Houston, TX to Austin, TX (180 miles if you're counting) for the National MS Society, April 18-19
  2. Evanston Triathlon (Evanston, WY) May 30 – Sprint - (It's close to home)
  3. BAM Triathlon (Midway, UT) June 13 – Olympic – www.bamtriathlon.com
  4. High Uintas Classic Stage Road Race – (Evanston, WY) June 20-21 - www.evanstoncycling.org/HighUintasClassic.html
  5. Xango Echo Triathlon (Coalville, UT) – July 11 – Olympic - www.triutah.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=35
  6. 5430 Long Course (Boulder, CO) – August 9 – Half Ironman - http://www.5430sports.com/5430long.htm
  7. Jordonelle Triathlon (Park City, UT) – August 22 – Olympic - www.triutah.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=37

This is what I have for now. There are some others fun rides/races that I am considering and I am sure that I will find a late season half marathon or 10k. I am working hard on the bike already, preparing for the MS150 from Houston to Austin. I will be lucky to get one ride outside before I leave for Houston. I get weekly updates from friends in the Houston area as to how warm it is and how they enjoyed the riding….outside. Oh well, I'll just keep on stomping the pedals on the trainer and when the snow finally melts…

No comments:

Post a Comment