Monday, October 20, 2008

I am in!!!



I registered for the BP MS150, a 2 day bike ride from Houston to Austin. The ride is the largest of its kind in the country. 13000 riders supported by 3000 volunteers, will ride 182 miles from Houston to Austin to raise money from the Nation MS Society. I have pleged to raise $400 myself. I don't think I will have any problems reaching that goal, in fact, I think I will suprass it by alarge margin.

I am riding with two of m best friends from colllege, both of which live in Houston area. There is only one catch for me rinding the MS150. I live in western Wyoming where the average temp from January to April is probably around 10-20 degrees, so 100% of my training will be inside on the trainer. I was kidding with my buddies the other day becasue they don't even own trainers.

I am very excited to be able to ride in this years MS150. The ride filled to its capacity, 13000 registered riders, in about 6 hours. I was shocked yet excited, the tought of a two day training ride with no only my best friends, but 13000 other people. If it done "Texas Style" this is going to be a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment