Thursday, October 16, 2008

I got an OWIE!!!



Well, what a long time to be off and away from pretty much any form of exercise. Let me explain, last spring I completed the Salt Lake City Half Marathon. I had a great time and was actually feeling pretty good coming into summer. Well, I picked up and injury to my shoulder in the weight room one morning. I thought, “No problem, I’ll bounce back in a few weeks.” A few weeks turned into 6 before I could actually swim, lift or even ride my bike. It hurt with pretty much anything I did. The very first time I was back in the weight room, boom, injured again. The doc looked at it again and everything internally looked OK, BUT, I was probably done doing anything that required my shoulder for the entire summer. That news kind of hurt because, I’m not the sit-at-home type. It was a really long and difficult time off. No training, no racing, no anything for about 5 ½ months.



Starting the 1st of October I was given the OK to start working out again. I can tell you, 5 months off doesn’t do much for fitness levels (not to mention the waist line). I have made some fairly big gains in the last few weeks, although I am definitely where I need to be. All –in-all, I am glad to be off to couch and back doing something. The pool feels great. The weights, although REAL light, feel really good. Running isn’t my favorite thing to do, but it’s going fairly good too.



No more sitting around, it’s time to get moving, sweat a little and most of all….HAVE SOME FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment