Tuesday, January 02, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

I trust everyone had a happy and SAFE New Year celebration. I would love to tell you I did, but I was asleep at 10:30. We spent the afternoon cross-country skiing with the in-laws. All-in-all, we had a blast.

While I was skiing, I got to thinking about past seasons race results and the results, or lack of results, I had this past season. A couple of years back, I had a good year with (3) 2nd place finishes out of 6 races. This past season was s0-s0, to say the least. I can blame it on a whole host of things like moving and getting adjusted to a new environment, no training partners, it's too damn cold, but I won't. This past year really had it's ups and downs. I finished my first marathon (
Salt Lake City), which I would recommend, totally cool. On the down side, I was in the finish chute getting ready to finish in 3rd place and collect my medal when I was passed and finished 4th, sucked! So, I have decided, come hell-or-high-water, I will NOT ever get passed for another 4th place finish again. With that in mind I have scheduled an exciting 2007 race season and set some good goals:

2007 Proposed Race Season
May 26, Evanston Wyoming Sprint Triathlon (Evanston, WY)
June 16-17 High Unitas Stage Race (Road Race, TT and Crit) (Kamas, UT to Evanston, WY)
July 14, Zango Echo Olympic Triathlon (Coalville, UT)
August 4, Cache Valley Sprint Triathlon (Hyrum, UT)
August 12, 5430 Long Course Triathlon (Republic of Boulder, CO)
August 25, Jordanelle Olympic Triathlon (Park City, UT)
September 15, Ogden Valley Olympic Triathlon (Ogden, UT)
September 23, Pinedale 1/2 Marathon (Pinedale, UT)
October 20, Escape to Lake Powell (Lake Powell, UT)

2007 Race Season Goals
- Top 10 Clydesdale finish at 5430
- Sub 3:oo finish at Zango Echo Olympic Triathlon
- Top 10 finish in all Olympic distance races
- Top 3 finish in all Sprint distance races
- 2:10 half marathon
- HAVE FUN and don't puke in front of the photographer!!

So, I have put together a great training plan that spans from January until the end of October. It sounds a bit overwhelming just talking about it but I have some built-in time off for vacations and family. All of this should set me up pretty good for a go at IM Louisville 2008. Take care and enjoy the new year. -c

No comments:

Post a Comment