Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Scale is My Friend

I got on the scale this morning at the gym and I seriously heard it groan. People tell me all of the time, "You don't look like you weight 250 pounds.". Well I do and so what. My wife says that I shouldn't worry too much about the scale because I am active and lead a "relatively" health lifestyle. Well I do and so what. I raced two years ago at 230lbs after losing a little over 20lbs. I felt great and I hate to admit it, but... I actually started to enjoy running. My new mantra is, "The scale if my Friend". Didn't someone say something about the power of positive thinking?? I hope it works.



So, with this in mind life goes on and as I run down the street at o-dark-30 you can hear me chant my mantra, "the scale is my friend, the scale is my friend." I am sure that my neighbors think I am a certified nut-job. Oh well, I'm a Clydesdale, so what?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about that....you have to be the scale - scales suck around the holidays!

    ReplyDelete